TUCSON, Ariz.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– As winter storms sweep the country, Mister Car Wash (NYSE:MCW), the nation’s largest car wash brand, wants to make sure car owners are prepared to keep their vehicles protected through the winter months.
“With cold weather comes an onslaught of corrosive elements, like salt, slush and ice-melting chemicals, that can damage your car over time,” said Joe Matheny, Senior Vice President of Operations at Mister Car Wash. “There are a few things you can do and invest in to keep your car in good condition in the winter and all year round.”
Matheny’s tips include:
- Routine driving and snow removal: Routinely removing debris (e.g., ice, slush, snow) that often collects behind wheels, in between wiper blades, and even the tailpipe, headlights and license plate is important. You don’t want to leave your car sitting covered in snow for long periods of time, so simply clearing it off and taking a quick drive around town on a regular basis will go a long way toward preventing long-term vehicle damage.
- Protect your car’s surface: With snow, sleet, salt and all of the anti-icing chemicals on the road, a repellent shield is even more important in the winter months. You can extend the vitality of your car’s surface by using water repellency products. At Mister Car Wash, we use HotShine®, Repel Shield or Platinum Seal that are available in our Platinum packages, and they work in conjunction to safeguard your vehicle’s clear coat against environmental elements.
- Keep your fuel tank at least half full: During winter weather, it’s a good idea to keep at least half a tank of fuel in the vehicle in the event of an emergency or if you get stuck in the snow and need to wait for help.
- Remove salt and grime regularly: Salt and slush buildup causes damage to your frame, suspension, undercarriage, and paint job. Regular car washes greatly lessen the buildup on your vehicle, and a Mister Car Wash Unlimited Wash Club® membership makes it convenient to get your car washed regularly. Our Unlimited membership can be used at any of our 360+ locations nationwide and gives you access to our dedicated member lanes. Memberships start at $19.99 and signing up is as easy as visiting mistercarwash.com or your local Mister location.
- Invest in winter tires: For drivers who live in areas where the temperature regularly drops below 45 degrees Fahrenheit, winter tires are a must. Winter tires are more capable of staying flexible at low temperatures and can provide improved traction when you’re trying to stop and turn on cold pavement, even if there’s no snow on the ground.
To find a Mister Car Wash location near you, or to learn more about wash packages, including the Unlimited Wash Club Membership, please visit www.mistercarwash.com.
About Mister Car Wash® | Inspiring People to Shine®
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, Mister Car Wash, Inc. (NYSE: MCW) operates over 360 car washes nationwide and has the largest car wash subscription program in North America. With over 25 years of car wash experience, the Mister team is focused on operational excellence and delivering a memorable customer experience through elevated hospitality. The Mister brand is anchored in quality, friendliness and a commitment to the communities we serve as good stewards of the environment and the resources we use. We believe that when you take care of your people, they will take care of your customers. To learn more visit: https://mistercarwash.com.